Monday, January 12, 2009

My girlie girl~~Emily!

When Bret and I decided to have another child, I have to admit I was pretty sure that I was going to have another boy... I am not sure why. I just always thought I was going to be a "boy-mom" ... However, when we went to the doctor's office to see the ultrasound and the nurse told us we were having a girl - we were thrilled! Bret, of course, knew this all along... he truly did tell me that I most definitely was going to have a girl.... I was still a little uncertain...... there was a small chance that the doctor and the ultrasound were wrong - right?? But on that early morning at the Regency as I labored - painfully, I might add - and delivered my sweet angel baby- we became the very proud parents of a girl! Well, this past weekend was the quintessential (this big word is for you Leslie -I know how you love when I use them) girlie girl weekend for Emily and I - we went shopping (just us - no boys!), baked cupcakes, had a tea party (complete with dolls) and even worked on a sewing project!! Our dear Emily loves to get dressed up, play with her dolls, host a tea party and help mommy cook dinner but she also loves to grab a Nerf gun and run with the "squad"... the boys even indulge her and let her catch them sometimes!


Emily is 100% a Daddy's girl and Bret so adores his little sweetheart but I have to admit there is nothing like having a daughter - there is a lifelong bond. I love her innocence and our "girlie time" together and look forward to the day that Emily and I will share what Kelly & I have with our Mom... it is priceless to us.



Time flies by so quickly and so for now, I will treasure every shopping trip, cupcake, tea party and moment with my dear daughter....

1 comment:

Breton Bay said...

what a sweet post, i totally teared up... and ran to the bedroom to aattack my husband... I WANT A GIRL !!!